Interventional Radiology - Step Lightly Resources
Image Gently, Step Lightly: Practice of ALARA in Pediatric Interventional Radiology Slide Presentation - for use by providers to teach their staff methods to reduce dose and maintain quality. Radiologists are encouraged to give this talk locally.
Step Lightly Procedure Checklist - Dose reduction steps the team should review for each patient
Downloadable Outline - “Steps for Radiation Safety in Children” Specific dose reduction and quality maintenance steps to take in the department
Patient brochure “What parents should know about medical radiation safety in pediatric interventional radiology” - answers for parents about IR procedures. Providers can use this as a guide to communicate concerns and benefits of interventional procedures to patients.
- The Radiation Protection of Patients website of the IAEA has wealth of information for children and adults
- Radiation Protection of Patients, IAEA: Training Material
- The Society for Pediatric Radiology: www.pedrad.org
- The Society of Interventional Radiology: www.sirweb.org
- The Society of Pediatric Interventional Radiology: www.spirweb.org
- Radiology Info: www.radiologyinfo.org
- National Council on Radiation Protection and Measurements: NCRP
- National Cancer Institute - specific information in interventional radiology