Fluoroscoping Imaging - Pause and Pulse Resources
BRAND NEW Educational Modules - Image Gently: Enhancing Radiation Protection in Pediatric Fluoroscopy
This is a FREE and downloadable educational tool to provide radiologic technologists with a full understanding of the safe operation of fluoroscopic devices on pediatric patients to reduce radiation exposure and the knowledge to act as leaders in radiation protection for children. These instructional materials provide practice-based information and instructions that go well beyond that provided in the typical textbook, current literature or manufacturer training materials. In addition, the modules provide educational resources/references that may be used by secondary audiences such as radiology trainees, radiologists and medical imaging physicists.
The following links are for the modules in a video format with narration and Close Captioning. There is a brief demographic form to complete and it will then direct you to the module:
Radiology Technologists, earn FREE CE credit is easy for a radiologic technologist to earn category A credit after successfully viewing all three of the modules and completing the quiz for these courses. To take the quiz that is for all three courses, click here to go to the courses in the ASRT Store and follow the checkout instructions to add the courses and quiz to your personal learning area for free. You will be able to print off a certificate of completion after successfully passing the quiz.
Image Gently, Pause and Pulse: Practice of ALARA in Pediatric Fluoroscopy - PowerPoint Presentation for use by providers to teach their staff methods to reduce dose and maintain quality. Radiologists are encouraged to give this talk locally.
Pause and Pulse Procedure Checklist for technologists - Dose reduction steps the team should review for each patient
- Fluorosocopy Contrast Enema
- Fluorosocopy (UGI) Upper GI and Upper GI with Small Bowel Follow through
- Fluorosocopy (VCUG) Voiding Cystourethrogram
Print an Image Gently - Pause and Pulse sticker here!
- The Radiation Protection of Patients website of the IAEA has wealth of information for children and adults
- Radiation Protection of Patients, IAEA: Training Material
- The American Society of Radiologic Technologists: www.asrt.org
- The Society for Pediatric Radiology: www.pedrad.org
- The Society of Interventional Radiology: www.sirweb.org
- The Society of Pediatric Interventional Radiology: www.spirweb.org
- Radiology Info: www.radiologyinfo.org
- National Council on Radiation Protection and Measurements: NCRP
- National Cancer Institute - specific information in interventional radiology